Round 13 - Lucky for some

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 13 - Lucky for some

Post by timmah on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Drags vs LFB
LFB. Ben has a certain talent, that no matter what he does, he tends to inspire schadenfreude in seeing him lose. Kind of like Justin Beiber. LFB by 12

Hams vs OA
Hams. OA's rediscovery of the joys of slagging off your friends on the internet is heartening to see. It's usually full of logical fallacies and poor research though, which seems to be his high finance experience paying off. Hams by 4.

Tractors vs Hipsters.
The hat vs the turtleneck. One's got a ginger baby, one's spending his evenings in a k-hole at a techno club in a foreign city. Remarkably similar in effect. I seem to recall both of them being terrible at poker, which makes it difficult to pick a winner. 20 all draw.

Zoos vs Jaffs
Zoos. The once mighty Jaffs are MIA, possibly because of gambling debts, having bet his house on the warriors succeeding at Eden Park. Zoos by 8.

KKs vs Merks
The battle of the ponsy cafes and bars vs the no-nonsense car repair warehouses. While sharing a geographic border, they also have a blood feud from many moons ago, when tribal warfare gripped the country. High school fights are SERIOUS BUSINESS. KKs by 8.

timmah
Admin

View user profile http://shbb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13 - Lucky for some

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Come on now, we all know hats are better than turtlenecks.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:09 am

Nice work Timmah,

And we all know this is rivalry round: the sequel.

So a win for the LFB, KKs, Zooms, Hams and Tractors will see them earn a 3rd PP next year.

The LFB have had their fun, they've got off to a bit of an Arsenal start, but everyone knows they will kak it in the back half of the season. This round marks the halfway point of the season - cue fall from grace.

Dragons have the strengths in the backs and LFB in the forwards - hell lets do a quick Player match up for ol' times sakes

Mansour v Boyd - Manasaurus Rex
Radradra v Nightingale - Semi trailer all the way
Richards v Matai - Richards is more of a threat especially when you add in GK
Hiku v Hopoate - I'd take Hiku, I see the arguement for Hoppa on home ground though
Tupou v Winterstein - Tupou has got the form and the leap
Marshall v Thurston - Benji clearly... oh wait it's not 2005, and even then.... JT
Milford v Brooks - Milford is more likely for tries, although Brooks is dangerous with Tedesco back

Papalii v Browmich - Jesse da man - although Papa is starting to show some form
Kidley v Ennis - I hate Ennis, you hate Gidley - but stats don't lie the Kid is a better bet for 4 points
McGure v Scott - Close call, but I'll give you Scott
Paulo v Taumololo - Both very hit and miss, but Taumololo has got some tries in him so JT jr
Kennedy v McCullough - stop the fight Andy Mac all the way
Fensom v Jackson - Jackson is improving but there's only 1 Shaun Fensom

Barba v Copley - what did I say about stats not lying - Copley
Taufua v Lewis Brown - Jorge boy would be 1st choice winger in most sides.
Gagai v Tonga - 2 of the most uninspiring centres going round - Gagai has 3 tries to 2 so I'll take it.
Lawrence v Ma'u - Brenton is capable of double dominants, but is unreliable - I'd still have him over Ma'u though

Backs - Dragons 6-1
Forwards - LFB 4-2
Bench - Dragons 3-1
Coach: Dragons

Overall - Dragons 12 - 6 - should be a cake walk, but somehow I don't think it will be...
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopoate on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:28 am

If Mu and i had a high school fight i don't remember, probably because i beat him so soundly. Much like this weekend will pan out. Morningside's internet hardmen by plenty. I expect to be joined in the winner's circle by the...

Drags- he makes a convincing argument above
OA- because if Tim can pick against me i can pick against him
Hipsters- i have to respect a team who so thoroughly kicked my ass last week
Zooms- someone file a missing person report on Sam

Hopoate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:17 am

Nice head to head Ben, there is some merit in the above, however stats only tell half the tale lets go through the NRL head to head to flesh out some of these claims.

Manly v Bulldogs - Manly are taking on the top of the table doggies. Toovey has his work cut out for him this week with his pack of walking wounded. The Bulldogs have the best defensive record in the comp and are only leaking an average of 4 second half points a match. As I type it is 19 degrees and pissing down with rain in Sydney. I am picking a low scoring affair with a truck load of tackles. With bulldogs coming off the bye and confidence running high with the victorious NSW halves pairing it is hard to look past them.

Hiku, Taufua, Toovey, Lawrence v Matai, Ennis, Jackson = Ennis, Jackson, Lawrence Cat A's not many tries

Eels V Cowboys:
Complete opposite prediction, both sides are pure attack and both sides have terrible defensive records. Meters and tries a plenty here which should benefit Radradra, Scott and Taumalolo. This game will determine the outcome of this match. If the cowboys get up JT and Scotty will share the PP's and Greeny gets the 3. Parra at home are dangerous but Cowboys fresh off the storm win should be too good. Cowboys by 8 scores in the 20's

Titans v Panthers, Snore fest - Mansour v Lewbro - have to agree with Ben hard to look past Mansour.

Also this is the real reason he is staying with the Panthers:
http://www.instavillage.com/u/daniella_t/

Dragons V Sharks - Bottom of the table who cares - Coach Killer v Nightingale - Advantage Nightingale!!!!! Benji is a bum.

Bunnies v Warriors - Go the Warrriors!!!

Knights v Tigers - I am tipping the Knights, they actually played well last week certainly a lot better than the score line suggests. They are due a win and just need the rub of the green to get them over the line. Boyd as usual will do nothing, Gidley should get his AF but I dont see Brooks and Richards getting too many points this week. Advantage Drags

Roosters v Storm - Roosters should destroy the storm - Tupou could bag multiple, Jesse B is Jesse B and will definitely get a 4. Advantage Drags

Raiders v Broncos:
I hate the raiders, they are shit. Sticky is a bum and nobody wants to join them. Broncos are back, Copley has learned how to score tries and I would take him over Barba. Fensom will negate McCulloughs guaranteed 4. Papalii will be there or there abouts, Kennedy is a Bum and Milford is a try scoring freak maybe mark him down for 4.

I think it is advantage LFB. Either way the game will be decided tonight.

Rest of the games :
Tractors v Hipster -
Hams
Hipsters
Tirau
MErkins

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:13 am

Check our Parra's record and defensive record at home and check our the cows away record - I wouldn't be so confident there.

Kennedy been putting together some solid efforts of late and I like him.

And if you are picking the Knights you are kidding yourself.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:54 pm

If an shb team sucks and a tree falls on it's coach, does anyone care? No, not after another week of putting a team up at the last minute but with no forum activity whatsoever. I prefer the completely absent coach, at least you get the bye... For shame Ron Burgundy, for shame.

Player by player to come.
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffa on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 pm

I found it! Password rediscovered. Trying to guess at either 3am or 9pm (after being up since 3am) wasn't working out for me. But let's face it, if you've seen any installment of Anchorman, you know Burgundy has to get lost to find himself again.

But it's nice to hear I was once mighty. But then again, that's an accolade handed out by Timmah.

Jafs v Zooms usually crackers, I could see my team anywhere from 2nd to 6th at the end of this weekend. My team isn't exactly going well, but I don't have the time or energy to do a lot about it.

I can't be fucked going back and reading all I've missed - anything big?
jaffa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Tirau v. Auckland
Backs
Hayne v. RTS - While the kiwi hot-stepper has plenty of skills, Hayne is in sensational form and takes the bikkies at the back. Hayne
Johnston v. Matiatua'tiua'a - I like the young Dragon and look forward to watching him play but Alex the Kid is scoring at more than a try a game and is playing for a title contender rather than a spoon candidate. Johnston
Jennings v. Reddy - Reddy snuck a couple last week - don't expect that again. Jennings
Dugan v. Lyon - Two underperforming players here. I'd rather have the hot-headed Doog while others would prefer the more consistent Lyon. Fair enough. Draw.
Gordon v. Vatuvei - Slightly annoyed about Gordon's move to the centres as he was beginning to find some form and the Warriors seem to have rediscovered the "kick it to Manu play" so it's all the Beast here. Vatuvei
Hunt v. Foran - Breakout year for Hunt and Foran would be a posterboy for players whose NRL form bears no resemblance to their SHB game. Hunt
Johnson v. Kelly - Two livewires on display here, both capable of laying on and scoring tries. Johnson's auto PP gives him the edge. Johnson
Woods v. Moa - Moa has had a good season with 35 points from his 13 games. Woods has 54 from 11. Woods
Luke v. Farah - A classic round 1 draft fumble vs. SHB royalty. Farah
Graham v. Merrin - Graham has been good but not great with early showers whenever the Doggies get ahead. Merrin has been a busy little bastard. Merrin
Lowe v. Horo - Horo has failed to achieve the heights of last year while Lowe is looking the goods after just a few games. Playing 80 minutes, capable of doubles and even a 100% record off the tee! Lowe
Vaughan v. Gallen - Well if Gal plays he takes the points but he's 50/50 and Vaughan is going pretty sweet this year. If he doesn't get his AF he generally scores a try to make up for it. 5 pies so far. Tempted to pick Vaughan but tbf I'd have picked Gal if he was still a Zoom. Gallen
Gillett v. Houston - Gillett's ability to score in any category makes this a one horse race. Gillett
Linnett v. Bailey - Full cred to the Bull for just getting out of bed this morning but Linnett is running hot at the moment. Linnett
Tomkins v. Mateo - The English 10 year old is finally finding his feet and Mateo is a fat old drunk. Tomkins.
Simona v. Kite - A little quiet from My Simona so far but It has been so long since the Kite has flown I think he actually retired and no one noticed so the Tiger wins. Simona
Morgan v Segeyaro - Pretty close this one. Morgan is (like half the NRL apparently) playing for an Origin utility spot but no Kingston and an ability to score in all categories gives Steggy the edge.

Coach: The Broncs play the Raiders and the Storm are playing the Roosters so Griff gets the nod.

Backs: 5-1 Zooms
Forwards: 3-3 Draw
Bench: 3-1 Zooms
Coach: 1-0 Zooms

Verdict: A sound thrashing be on the cards.
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffa on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:41 pm

shit, when you put it like that, I'm going back into hiberation...
jaffa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:05 pm

So looks like I'm terrible at tipping.

Well played Ben! 1 a piece see you round 3

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:32 pm

U r terrible at tipping, but big performance from j Jackson and you are going try for try with my big back like so far. I think honours even so far, but if Richards manages double digit points then it will be advantage Drags!
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Lewis Brown, seriously?
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:55 pm

And I know I said Seggy could score in all categories, but I didn't mean he should the little carnt
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Helluva half from bunji
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:00 pm

snoop doogie doog wins the battle of the centres but a HUGE game from merrin deserves a mention. 240m inc. o/l after 65 minutes. crikey!
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:46 pm

And Merrin didn't even start...

More of the same Benji for the rest of the season... If only the Dragons played the sharks reserve grade team every week.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:48 pm

inglis is down like a stuck pig. advantage warriors and nsw...
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:48 pm

a torn heart for the danimal...
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Add that to DCE. Not a great weekend for the Tractors injury wise, but GO THE WARRIORS!!!
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:57 pm

and now walker - ouch!
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Fuck me.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:01 pm

somehow this is taking longer than the ab's game... t.v. sports is using up all my heartbeats dammit.
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Dartschool on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Walker - Thumbs are for retards! Mateo - Tackling's for suckers!
Ricky Dartschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:34 pm

I don't get it. Warriors killed it on the right edge in the first half. I may be mistaken, but I think that was the first and only time Hurrell touched the ball in the second 40.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Handy lead for the tractors on paper, but burgess and friend will cut that down. Plenty left in the chamber for the hipsters too, Maloney and the storm backs yet to play.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:52 am

Yep, you have a total of 10 guys playing today, i have just 3, and an 8-12 point lead. Roosters storm game likely to make or break me.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 am

...and your first 3 try scores: Hipsters, Hipsters, Hipsters.

Fuck this shit.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Kurt Gidley sinbinning becomes very costly - not only the neg 2 points but also costing him some defensive forward points no doubt.

With Bromwich's AF to come it looks like a handy lead for the LFB with: McGuire, Fensom, Papalii, Kennedy and Barba up against Andy Mac and Copley.

Good to see Fulton get another concussion.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

The b man might be 3 meters short of a cat a. Would have to say advantage dragons heading into final round of play. Andy Mac and Shaun febsom rule each other out. Leaves Milford and barba v Copley. Not confident

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffa on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 pm

Considering half of the zooms team is still to play, fair to say the Jafs are fucked.

Shit tactics from the warriors in that 2nd half, first time they've looked really mindless under McFadden.

You could make a fine SHB career by picking players I drop. I knew Peachey could kill it, but couldn't handle him in reserve grade for that draft price any longer. Has had me swearing at the TV screen 2 weekends in a row.
jaffa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:18 pm

It only got worse. 7 tries in the Knights v Tigers game, and 6 of them going to the Turtnecks.

5 tries between Reece-Lightning and Wighton is about what i'm reduced to needing.

It's tough looking at a fourth straight loss, it worse knowing you were playing what is essentially your strongest 17.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Fuck my mouth! 6 out 7 tries to the Hipsters in that game!!

Don't worry Danny, at least there's no chance of getting pregnant again when you get fucked like that!

Hipsters would be just about top of the table now if the Drags weren't so useless

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:11 am

29 tackles and a sinbinning - thanks Kaptain Kurt.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Dale Copley is the bane of my existence!
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Am I seeing double?

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:30 pm

every year there's some redneck retard twat called Dale or Cleetus or whatever who manages to score a completely unjustifiable number of tries.

It's usually James McManus but this year it's Copley.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Jealousy is a stinky cologne boys

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcoholics Unanimous on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Not as stinky as my for and against after the last few weeks.

See you for a final round show down JCDC.
Alcoholics Unanimous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:57 pm

And the dream is over. Pat Richards 17 point haul too much to over come. Still top of the table just. See you round 3 actionman!

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm

2nd half miracle in Canberra - my 2 protected players and my number 1 draft pick all dotting down.

Papalii and Fensom and McGuire tackling and running should get me there...
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:51 pm

And Milford and Papalii injured as icing on the cake.

Congrats!

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Not really that big a loss - both out next week anyway, milford's injury not too bad and Kennedy to play 80 mins with Papa injured.

I guess you can thank me for top spot later...
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 am

Yep, just after I beat you again next week

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 am

Well yeah - all my players have the bye so you'd better hope you beat me.
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdc on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Oh that's right I forgot - this coming week is that special bye round that only affects Ben's team.

jcdc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EastDulwich on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
EastDulwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by timmah on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm

haha suck it, chump.

And there's my 3rd PP also, sweet! Alex Glenn you fucking legend.

timmah
Admin

View user profile http://shbb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionman on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Forget origin, my team is pretty much the raiders, sea-eagles and broncos so I'm 11 players down just from those 3 teams. In fact I am not able to name a single player from the draft or protected players this week.. Should be an easy two points for the Hipsters...
Actionman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sippid on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:10 am

I can field a team of 8 players this week.

Sippid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next